Cake Slice Boxes???

Baking By kayjay2016 Updated 10 Mar 2016 , 7:21am by gscout73

kayjay2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjay2016 Posted 7 Mar 2016 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 5

Hi baking geniuses!

I want to give out slices of my cake (probably 10" and 6" rounds) to my guests after my wedding but I simply cannot find cake slice boxes that fit. They are available everywhere but the tallest one I've found is just under 3" tall -- this makes no sense whatsoever since wedding cake heights are usually somewhere between 3.5 and 5 inches high, no? How can ALL these slices boxes be so stupidly designed? I'm guessing someone with no practical knowledge came up with the shape, which is consistently about 4" wide (back of the wedge) X 5" long (length of the wedge) X 2.5" high...PLEASE HELP WITH ANY SOLUTIONS. I know I can make them myself but I don't feel like cutting out 30 templates for these.  

Thanks so much 

4 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Mar 2016 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 5

I found these:

http://www.partycity.com/product/cake+slice+boxes+24ct.do

[postimage id="2898" thumb="900"]

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 8 Mar 2016 , 7:24am
post #3 of 5

Are you planning to have wedges cut? Or standard "wedding cake servings"? 

[postimage id="2902" thumb="900"]Image result for cake wedding serving

That would significantly affect the box size/shape. Either way, be sure the cake cutting person is prepared for it. I would think it would be much easier to cut it like IndyDebi's blog on it (photo on right) in squares and then only one size box necessary (wedges from 10" and 6" rounds would be different). 

kayjay2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjay2016 Posted 8 Mar 2016 , 11:45am
post #4 of 5

Thanks a million for replying, Pastrybaglady and johnson6ofus: I did see the Party City boxes which are tall enough but they look semi-transparent and with buttercream icing I think the result would look very "shmooshy" against that acetate. Since it's only 26 slices, I wanted to cut traditional wedges and the restaurant's pastry chef said he'd do that for us after we made the first cut for photos etc. and box them but I'd like to give him decent boxes to work with. Amazing how there are 1000s of these online but not one of them is practically designed for a traditional, old fashioned cake wedge. Ridiculous! I really appreciate your replies, guys!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 10 Mar 2016 , 7:21am
post #5 of 5

The description says cardstock, which is paper, not plastic. So I don't think they are transparent. I think that is the way the surface of the boxes are decorated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%