Best Accounting Software...

Business By hhouston Updated 5 Mar 2016 , 1:22am by Webake2gether

hhouston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhouston Posted 4 Mar 2016 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 4

What is everyone's opinion on different accounting software? I am looking for something mid-priced that can do invoicing, inventory, price configurations, etc.

As far as a free software, I just dont trust it because Im too afraid to loose all my info if something were to happen.  I dont want to purchase quickbooks because I use it at my other job and its just too much... I want something that is more simple and of course less expensive.   Cakeboss is my top choice I suppose because it has exactly what we need, but Ive read mixed reviews and Im not sure if its worth the $150. 

So.. what do you use and whats your opinion!

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Mar 2016 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 4

I use QuickBooks for accounting.  For baking inventory and costing I made my own Excel spreadsheet.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 Mar 2016 , 12:46am
post #3 of 4

Many people use Excel. If it's on your computer, try that first. Can't beat the price. 

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 5 Mar 2016 , 1:22am
post #4 of 4

I have cake boss and I have a mixed review about it. I love that it keeps all my customers and their previous orders all one place. I like that it is fairly simple to use once all your ingredients and materials are all put in and I like the calendar and the home page organizes all your weekly due orders. Oh I also like the fact it keeps track of all my sales tax collected. As far a using it to keep an accurate record of costs and profits I don't like it much actually don't even us it for that feature at all. I actually sit down every week and figure out my cost and profit by hand myself. Honestly the more I run my business the more I'm able to do a quote by hand much faster and more accurately than cake boss. Was it worth the $150 yes to me it was especially starting out but if I were more knowledgable on excel and felt confident in my ability to use excel I may have went that way. Hope that helps!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%