How Much Should I Charge?

Business By Porch21 Updated 2 Mar 2016 , 11:03am by -K8memphis

Porch21 Posted 1 Mar 2016 , 5:51am
post #1 of 3

900_how-much-should-i-charge_98559056d52dd44658c.jpg900_how-much-should-i-charge_98559056d52dd49e436.jpgOk so I'm making a birthday cake for my mom's coworker's son. He's turning 18 and he plays baseball so she wants a "18" shaped cake with baseball themes. So what I want I'm going to do is make the one look like a baseball bat and the 8 look like baseballs so I want to know how much to charge. I'll have to carve the cakes but she doesn't want fondant just buttercream. From the pictures imagine the "8" cake is decorated like the baseball cake uptop

2 replies
Porch21 Posted 2 Mar 2016 , 3:43am
post #2 of 3

Bump

-K8memphis Posted 2 Mar 2016 , 11:03am
post #3 of 3

you did not exactly ask this but my observation is that trying to make two sculptures at once could be confusing to the eye --

perspective is the most important thing and the baseballs will be too big for the bat and i think it should be a closer fit for an 18 year old -- if it was an 8 year old it would work to make it like that and use a little extra y'know poetic license --

but i would do the 18 as a '1' and an '8' then i would pipe or fondant a nice baseball bat centered on top of the '1' and then for the baseballs you could do a small pile in the corner of the bottom of the '8' or in the middle of the two circles that make up the '8' -- by small pile i mean make/pipe/fondant half balls and just pipe/edible ink marker on the strings but keep the bat & balls in perspective size wise to each other --

or do scroll work all over and sprinkle small bat & ball sets all around -- or use bat & ball sets as the top border around the '18'

but trying to make a sculpture of an "18" into a baseball and bat and not keep it in perspective will wonk each one out kwim?

and for price i would go about $5 per serving -- minimum of at least 35 servings -- jinkies would say 50 is better and i agree

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%