Adding Chunky Sugar To Bc

Decorating By Snowtoday1 Updated 24 Feb 2016 , 12:27am by Snowtoday1

Snowtoday1 Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,... I am need of suggestions on applying chunky sugar crystals to BC .

3 replies
leah_s Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 4

Have you ever applied chopped nuts to the sides of a cake?  Same technique.

Put the cake on a board on a turntable.  Place a wide bowl under the edge of the turntable to catch spillage.  Put sugar crystals in the palm of your hand.  "Roll" them up the side, letting excess fall into the bowl.  I can do an entire 4 tier cake in 20 minutes.  And reuse what falls into the bowl.

leah_s Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 4

Oh and apply the sugar crystals before the bc crusts.  And use sparkling sugar, not coarse, for best results.

Snowtoday1 Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 12:27am
post #4 of 4

leah_s ,

Thank you for your replies... 

I am doing a wedding cake the bottom 3 tiers are dummie cakes covered in fondant and I used piping gel to cover then added my sugar crystals I purchased , they are a CK product ... it I compare it to the store brand of sparkling sugar, they look the same...the bride sent me a picture that had a sugar on it that was more textured .. I will make a  some buttercream tonight and do a cake to test it out ...

But like I said it looks the same as the sparkling sugar I purchased at the store... the sparkling sugar is a tid bit smaller in size/ per length but appears to be the same thickness... 

Quote by @%username% on %date%