Imprint Design On Buttercream

Decorating By rachm Updated 23 Feb 2016 , 5:43pm by jocelyndrewsimone

rachm Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have any experience with imprinting a design on buttercream like the cake below? I was asked to create a cake similar to this one and I've never done anything like it. Also what is your opinion on the flowers? Are they fondant, gumpaste? Thanks in advance for your help.

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 7

It's hard to see what you are calling a design.  The way I see it one would just press a sponge on the b'cream as soon as you can touch it and not have any icing come off on your finger.   Otherwise one could use a paper towel to imprint any design as seen here: & here:    I've done that many times :)  I think it can really add a special look to a cake.  

-K8memphis Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 7

i think i would pipe those flowers

kakeladi Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 7

Well I tried to edit my post above but I get a message that the post is locked! :(   Here's another paper towel imprinted cake I made:

kakeladi Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 7

This is sooooo frustrating!!   I again tried to edit my post but it won't let me:( :(

I think the flowers are gp (or fondant) but they can be made w/air-drying b'cream if you'd rather.

-K8memphis Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 7

lynne, yes the edit button is under the weather

jocelyndrewsimone Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 7

That's a gorgeous cake. You can use texture sheets - but wait until the buttercream is touchable without getting any on your fingers. I actually own this set and use it often.

Quote by @%username% on %date%