Challenged, Overwhelmed But Excited All At Once Need Advice Please!

Decorating By jellybeanlane Updated 23 Feb 2016 , 7:47pm by jellybeanlane

jellybeanlane Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 11

Ok everyone, I have been asked to do this cake for Sunday! yes this Sunday so I'm overwhelmed but it is also  challenge so it is exciting... I've not done ne  these s a 3 tier and esp. to the degree I am in several years... also it's a half and half cake lol, half vanilla half chocolate... I will also be doing modeling choc roses for a topper, my question is this... does anyone have a great choc drizzle recipe?

I am going to be using a choc. ganache moose for the frosting on the choc side, and a vanilla buttercream for the other side...

I included a pic for you to see what I'm doing

thanks,

Jellybean  :0)

900_challenged-overwhelmed_93606556cb54d469a25.jpg

10 replies
jellybeanlane Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 11

sorry for all of the spelling mistakes cc must be having issues today it took forever to type this message haha!

-K8memphis Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 11

that's gonna be fun -- just use your ganache for your drizzle and coax it over the edge where you want it to go --

can't wait for pictures!

Pastrybaglady Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 11

I love this cake so much... If I had it to do all over again I would have gotten this cake for my wedding!  I'm with K8, chocolate ganache should do you just fine.  You might want to put it into a pastry bag for perfect dribbles.

Pastrybaglady Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 11

I love this cake so much... If I had it to do all over again I would have gotten this cake for my wedding!  I'm with K8, chocolate ganache should do you just fine.  You might want to put it into a pastry bag for perfect dribbles.

jellybeanlane Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you ladies ... The only difference is they want the scroll work done in red and since I'm so pushed for time I'm getting a friend to come over and help me with the piping so I don't run out of time lol...I did tell my honey to take a plastic wide ruler and to cut and sand them to the sizes of my pans so I can pour both choc and vanilla at the same time then once I remove the ruler( before baking ) they will be completely half and half without having to cut them after they cook... It will save so much time and aggravation :) 

nadiacorallo Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 11

I have made this cake before! I used a chocolate fudge frosting  and heated it up to drizzle consistency. Make sure it's nice and warm, so it will drizzle nicely, but not too warm or you'll have a big mess! A cold cake will cause the icing to firm up fast so you gotta work quickly and in small sections. I used  a small spatula to coax the icing over the edges. Chocolate ganache will work great as well. You'll want something that firms up at room temp. Ganache tends to be kind of dull looking, so if you're wanting a shiny look, maybe use a mirror glaze? A recipe with glucose I think helps with shine.

900_challenged-overwhelmed_94589056cb7e94f337b.jpg900_challenged-overwhelmed_94589056cb7e9543b86.jpg

jellybeanlane Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 2:30am
post #8 of 11

@nadiacorallo ‍ wow that is beautiful!!!

Do you have the recipe for the one you used by chance?

Thanks,

Jellybean :0)

nadiacorallo Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 3:34am
post #9 of 11

I wish I did! But it was a RTU choc. Icing I got from bakemark called, Henry & Henry ICING, ICIN'EASY RTU CHOC. 

Here's a recipe that looks similar to the icing I used. I haven't tried it yet though so can't attest to it but I hope his helps.

http://sweetapolita.com/2014/10/midnight-pumpkin-layer-cake/

jellybeanlane Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 4:09am
post #10 of 11

Thank you so much I appreciate it :)

jellybeanlane Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 7:47pm
post #11 of 11

Well I made some plastic deciders to separate the batter as I was pouring it into the pans and so this is what it looks like...

Choc and vanilla cake

900_challenged-overwhelmed_93606556ccb743c4efb.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%