Stacking Two Tier Cake

Decorating By kcampeau Updated 21 Feb 2016 , 2:22pm by cutiger

kcampeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcampeau Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 3

Do yoi center dowel a two tier cake? I am making two tiers now and i have been punching a hole in the bottom of the upper tier cake board and lowering the upper tier onto the centwr dowel but thos is a bit of a pain but i worry aboit it shifting during transport. I have the support dowels do i need a center dowel? Is there and easier way to do this i cannot drive a dowel through as its my top tier and would ruin the top of cake.

help please

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 3

I never center dowel anything, but I also deliver everything cold from the fridge. I don't think you'll need a center dowel for a two-tiered cake unless there are some kind of special circumstances (someone else is delivering it, it s a super-long drive over bumpy roads, etc.)

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 3

I do put in a center dowel if the cake has to travel or is heavy with decorations.  Wilton is now putting a center hole that can be punched out on their newest cardboard cake plates.  I think that is what you call them!  Anyway, it does make it much easier if you choose to dowel the cake.  I just feel safer using the dowel.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%