Canon Edible Printer Gets Stuck At End Of Printing And Creates Blob Of Ink Line

Decorating By JustVcakes Updated 23 Feb 2016 , 4:18am by icingimages

JustVcakes Posted 20 Feb 2016 , 7:11am
post #1 of 6

I have a Canon MG 5500 edible printer and I've noticed that everytime I print an edible sheet page, the end of the sheet almost always gets stuck in the printer and sometimes tries to pull back into the printer.  I have to force the end out so the rest of the image doesn't mess up.  It's like the bottom of the print has this heavy food coloring line, like the print just kept printing over this one area.  It's always at the end of the image.  I don't know if my setting is wrong or what.  I print with a 8.5x11 paper, photo print, matte paper setting.  It seemed to start to happen when I got new ink.  I initially had issues installing the new ink, but it then installed fine.  I did a nozzle cleaning and everything prints fine until I reach the end of the print.  Does anyone know what's happening?

5 replies
costumeczar Posted 20 Feb 2016 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 6

Sometimes mine will try to suck the paper back in, but it doesn't do it on a regular basis. Try doing a non-photo setting, I only print photo settings on icing sheets. 

costumeczar Posted 20 Feb 2016 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 6

Wait, are you using icing sheets or wafer paper?

JustVcakes Posted 20 Feb 2016 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 6

I'm using an icing sheet and I keep getting this thick line at the end with the ink after every print.  The rest of the image is perfect, but the end.  I don't know what's going on.  I only use photo printing for the icing images as well.

costumeczar Posted 20 Feb 2016 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 6

Hmm, I don't know what else you can change, then. I'll tag @icingimages ‍ because they might have run into this before.

icingimages Posted 23 Feb 2016 , 4:18am
post #6 of 6

Sometimes the rollers stop pulling the sheet through the printer at the end of the page.  This happens with age of the printer.  So if you look at the bottom of the paper, its as if the paper is not progressing but the printer is still printing. Sometimes you can trick the printer by putting a sticky note on the backing at the end of the paper to line up with the left and right side but sticking off the bottom of the page as if it is making the paper longer.  If you dont quite understand then email my office at and they can send you some info on it to help.  Thanks Costumeczar for thinking of us!

Quote by @%username% on %date%