Regestering Business Online?

Business By cupcakesbykarla7 Updated 19 Feb 2016 , 7:45pm by cupcakesbykarla7

cupcakesbykarla7 Posted 19 Feb 2016 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone,

Just wondering, when you guys registered your business, did you use an attorney or you registered online? and does it make a difference? I mean I'm sure the same forms are being used etc., or not?

Thanks,

Karla

5 replies
cupcakesbykarla7 Posted 19 Feb 2016 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 6

Ooops! mispelled word. I mean Registering. LOL.

costumeczar Posted 19 Feb 2016 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 6

It depends where you are. I had to go down to the county offices to register everything in person, but there was no attorney required. For my LLC I used Legalzoom and they set me up with a company that acts as the registrar in my state, so no attorney there either. Some places will let you do everything online but sometimes it's easier to just go down and do it in person, especially if there's more than one office you have to go to. I had to do the registration at the business office, trot over to the sales tax registration, then back to business to give them that information before I got my business license.

Singerssoul Posted 19 Feb 2016 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 6

I had to go to the one Riverside county office to file my DBA, directly to my city hall for the Business license, and then the local riverside county health for my permits.  I fiiled for EIN with the government online and the CA state sellers permit through the state site online.  I think what you do depends on your local and what type of business you are setting up. 

MimiFix Posted 19 Feb 2016 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 6

For start ups, you can do it yourself: DBA, EIN, sales tax, register business, food handling license, etc. These things can be annoying, but not difficult. The same thing with bookkeeping and taxes - they're not especially difficult but can be a pain.

You're right, it's the same forms but a lot cheaper DIY.

cupcakesbykarla7 Posted 19 Feb 2016 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 6

Hello,

Thanks for the info! I actually went to the state's website and filled out all the information and was able to print my certificate of formation. I have officially registered my business! Yey!!  Kupkaces by Karla L.L.C  :)

Thanks.

Karla :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%