Silicone Baking Mats

Baking By Ketrin1 Updated 19 Feb 2016 , 5:15am by sewsugarqueen

Ketrin1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ketrin1 Posted 18 Feb 2016 , 11:25am
post #1 of 3

Hello, we are company that produce silicone baking mats, so we were wondering can you tell us what is the best size of baking pastry mat for you, and what color is better for you to have. We are doing this research to satisfy our client's need, and of course your needs as a professional baker, cooker or simply home baking person.

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Feb 2016 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 3

I'd say that the color doesn't matter, and that I personally prefer a large sheet that's at least 12"x 18" that I can cut into specific sizes myself. There are too many pan sizes to say just one, so if I use the liners int he pans I want to be able to cut them to the size I need. And if I use it as a work surface it needs to be big enough to roll things out, so at least 12x18.

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 19 Feb 2016 , 5:15am
post #3 of 3

I was told never to cut the silicon matts as they are fibers of glass actually... they need to be the exact shape of the pan.    Was anyone else  told this.

I have 2 large silicon baking matts but they are too big for my Wilton cookie pans..... I would like to see some matts sized 17.25 x11.5 inches so they would fit on all my cookie pans ( I have 4 that size)

other pan size I use  a lot is 9 x13 inch   and then there is the brownie pan  a 8 inch square....  I would like a lighter colour , just not white because that would never stay all white. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%