Baking With Convection Over

Baking By SBSMeme Updated 24 Feb 2016 , 4:38pm by FrostedMoon

SBSMeme Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 5

I work with a convection oven, which I have not had experience with before.  I have problems when baking mini cupcakes.  The cupcakes always fan off to the side....they never rise up nice and full round.  It does not make for a nice presentation.  Could someone tell me how to correct this problem.  I have tried different oven temperatures and baking on all three levels of racks.  Nothing seems to work.  Our bakery is totally gluten free also.

4 replies
karmen.wong Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 1:14am
post #2 of 5

I have also recently bought o convection oven which I am not used to, I have read up on this problem. turn the fan down low. make sure to spin the pans, or use a piece of tin foil or another pan to block wind. but I dont think the last option is a good long term solution because i think it can damage the oven. Hope you find somthing that helps! I know the battle. 

-K8memphis Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 1:22am
post #3 of 5

can you set your muffin pans down into cake pans that will shield the air flow? or just to test you could fashion an aluminum foil shield to attach to the pan not the oven

SBSMeme Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you both for your suggestions!  I appreciate your help.

FrostedMoon Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 5

I bake in a convection oven and about halfway through the baking time I turn everything around so it get "blown" the other way & evens out.  Incredibly annoying, but it works. Please do come back and share if you find something else that works.  Unfortunately my oven doesn't let me control the flow of the fan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%