How Much Shoyld I Charge For A 12In Round Cake Covered In Fondant.

Business By GuadasCakes21 Updated 18 Feb 2016 , 5:26pm by kakeladi

GuadasCakes21 Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 5

I have an order for teo 12in cake about 6 in tall for a babyshower. Also for that same order o have 100 cupcakes how much should I charge?

4 replies
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 5

deebakescakes Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 5

I know others may give you the same response, prices differ everywhere there's no set price. Base your price on the amount of time it's going to take you. Are you going to decorate each cupcake? How long will that take you? Is the 12' cake heavily decorated? How much money will it cost you to make your order? Including supplies, ingredients, labor, tears? 

I generally charge $85-$100 for a 12" cake that is about 4 1/2- 5" tall, and is not covered in fondant. To get 6" I would guess you need to bake 3 layers. I use 3" tall pans and after leveling, I end up with the 4 1/2 inches with two layers. (that whole 1 1/2 inches cut off breaks my heart)  For cupcakes I charge $25 a dozen if each cupcake has to be decorated/needs a topper. Sometime I charge $20 a dozen if it's simple, to me that's like a simple cutout flower. And if it's a real basic flavor and no decoration, not even sprinkles. I charge $15 a dozen, but normally that's only if I'm going to have left over batter from another order I have at the same time (I hate wasting batter).

Now some people may say "what!! that's alot!!" and then others say "that's all your charging?!" 

What are other people in your area charging? Stay in that range.

Hope this helps! 

Jinkies Posted 18 Feb 2016 , 12:33am
post #4 of 5

Yep, I'd be up around k8's price too.

kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2016 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%