Chains

Decorating By Tobylee Updated 17 Feb 2016 , 6:16am by julia1812

Tobylee Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 3:08am
post #1 of 5

I'm new to this site and may have posted this on the wrong forum so sorry if you read this twice. For a 3 layer square cake 70 th birthday for a gold chain manufacturer, I'm making gum paste and fondant chains to drape down the sides.  Any idea for a topper? I suppose I could make a sugar piece bowl and fill with paste flowers...ideas? 

4 replies
costumeczar Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 4:23am
post #2 of 5

What about a bowl made of gumpaste full of gold chains and flowers? The chains could be spilling out and trailing onto the top of the cake to go with the ones on the rest of the cake.

julia1812 Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 4:56am
post #3 of 5

How about a RKT topper shaped like a bust (upper torso and neck) and put lots of chains around? Or even sculpting the entire cake like that???

Tobylee Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 5:43am
post #4 of 5

Thank you. The bowl idea I had considered. I haven't worked with Rice Krispies but maybe I could fashion a necklace display piece out of it, cover in black fondant? Worth trying out. Thanks again  

julia1812 Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 6:16am
post #5 of 5

It's very very easy. Basically just heating marshmallows and mixing it with rice crispys.  There are thousands of tutorials...

And the good thing is you can build it into any shape using your hands and even carve it with a knife. Then smooth it with a coat of RI or ABC or ganache and cover in fondant.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%