Is It Possible To Flavor White Modeling Chocolate?

Decorating By Bakrwomyn Updated 26 Feb 2016 , 1:46am by Bakrwomyn

Bakrwomyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakrwomyn Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 4

I'm planning to make some strawberry cupcakes and would love to do a "margarita" style decoration. Instead of using real fruit, I'd love to make a strawberry and a lime wedge out of white chocolate and see if it's possible to flavor them accordingly without having the chocolate seize up.

I suppose I could do the strawberry and lime in marzipan but I prefer white modeling chocolate and have gotten quite good at using it and would like to continue to do so.

Has anyone flavored their white modeling chocolate?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 4

yes i often use vanilla powder in my w choco in fact just yesterday i did this -- but for lime and strawberry flavors i'd recommend using oil maybe an essential oil but like a lorann oil based product -- and mere drops are used -- it doesn't take much at all -- sounds delicious, dramatic and fun

best to you

Bakrwomyn Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 4

Of course! What an obvious solution! Thank you much! I'll post up photos later this week. The theme is a Mexican Fiesta so I'll be doing cactus, pinatas, and margaritas!

Thanks again!

Bakrwomyn Posted 26 Feb 2016 , 1:46am
post #4 of 4

K8Memphis - the essential oils worked and my strawberries had a nice strawberry flavor as well as the limes.

Thank you again for the suggestion![postimage id="2695" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%