Macarons :)

Baking By SYLVIAS CAKES Updated 14 Feb 2016 , 12:05pm by maryg083

SYLVIAS CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SYLVIAS CAKES Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 7:12am
post #1 of 8

Hi, anyone want to share some macaron's fillings?

I tried some recipe but so far I don't really like it.

Thank you!

7 replies
maryg083 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryg083 Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 9:35am
post #2 of 8

I would love to see some ideas too! I've never made them but would love to try- any idea on where to get an inexpensive baking mat for macarons or is it unnecessary?

SYLVIAS CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SYLVIAS CAKES Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Mary, you can get online 40% coupon discount at Michaels.com and buy macaron mat very cheap. I made macaron and I did have the mat at that time, but you need the mat only to get all the macarons with the same size. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 1:31am
post #4 of 8

Once you get the technique for making macarons down all you really need in terms of tools is a pastry bag!  The mats help you make uniform macs, but with a pastry bag you can can make all kinds of simple shapes - hearts, bears, balloons, cats, dogs, etc...  I like to make macs with pumpkin seeds because you avoid nut allergies and they are almost half the price of almonds!

[postimage id="2491" thumb="900"]

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 1:34am
post #5 of 8

The edit function isn't working.  The above were made with almonds because you can't get white with pumpkin seeds but the chocolate ones are to die for!

[postimage id="2492" thumb="900"]

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 3:24am
post #6 of 8

I've seen them with ganache or jam for filling.  I found some yummy sounding fillings here: http://www.indulgewithmimi.com/macaron-filling-ideas/

Caramel, ganache, jelly, lemon curd, flavored buttercreams.... If I ever get the time, I'm going to try my hand at making them, especially those bears! Maybe a cinnamon/ginger combo or chocolate peanut butter.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 4:22am
post #7 of 8

a specialized baking mat for macarons?  What will the companies think of next to separate us from our $?  I assume this has circles drawn on it?

Take a piece of parchment the size of your baking pan.  Use a black sharpie to trace the outline of a small round cookie cutter in rows on the parchment.  Place the parchment UNDER a silpat type baking mat.    You can see the circles enough to pipe into them.  I've been using the same parchments (I made different size circles) for a couple of years.

maryg083 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryg083 Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 12:05pm
post #8 of 8

Thats a great idea Leah! They're silicone mats with he rings slightly raised but I knew there had to be another way grin.png Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%