Macarons :)

Baking By SYLVIAS CAKES Updated 14 Feb 2016 , 12:05pm by maryg083

SYLVIAS CAKES Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 7:12am
post #1 of 8

Hi, anyone want to share some macaron's fillings?

I tried some recipe but so far I don't really like it.

Thank you!

7 replies
maryg083 Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 9:35am
post #2 of 8

I would love to see some ideas too! I've never made them but would love to try- any idea on where to get an inexpensive baking mat for macarons or is it unnecessary?

SYLVIAS CAKES Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Mary, you can get online 40% coupon discount at Michaels.com and buy macaron mat very cheap. I made macaron and I did have the mat at that time, but you need the mat only to get all the macarons with the same size. 

Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 1:31am
post #4 of 8

Once you get the technique for making macarons down all you really need in terms of tools is a pastry bag!  The mats help you make uniform macs, but with a pastry bag you can can make all kinds of simple shapes - hearts, bears, balloons, cats, dogs, etc...  I like to make macs with pumpkin seeds because you avoid nut allergies and they are almost half the price of almonds!

900_macarons_92508456bfd90d18e06.jpg

Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 1:34am
post #5 of 8

The edit function isn't working.  The above were made with almonds because you can't get white with pumpkin seeds but the chocolate ones are to die for!

900_macarons_92508456bfd99e8c3d5.jpg

craftybanana2 Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 3:24am
post #6 of 8

I've seen them with ganache or jam for filling.  I found some yummy sounding fillings here: http://www.indulgewithmimi.com/macaron-filling-ideas/

Caramel, ganache, jelly, lemon curd, flavored buttercreams.... If I ever get the time, I'm going to try my hand at making them, especially those bears! Maybe a cinnamon/ginger combo or chocolate peanut butter.

leah_s Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 4:22am
post #7 of 8

a specialized baking mat for macarons?  What will the companies think of next to separate us from our $?  I assume this has circles drawn on it?

Take a piece of parchment the size of your baking pan.  Use a black sharpie to trace the outline of a small round cookie cutter in rows on the parchment.  Place the parchment UNDER a silpat type baking mat.    You can see the circles enough to pipe into them.  I've been using the same parchments (I made different size circles) for a couple of years.

maryg083 Posted 14 Feb 2016 , 12:05pm
post #8 of 8

Thats a great idea Leah! They're silicone mats with he rings slightly raised but I knew there had to be another way grin.png Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%