Sabotage...

Baking By jellybeanlane Updated 13 Feb 2016 , 3:40am by jellybeanlane

jellybeanlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanlane Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all...

Has anyone ever been sabotaged by a co-worker, rival bakery, how about friend or family?

yeah, I understand that business is brutal sometimes and some can be extremely competitive but can I ask has anyone ever been through this?????? I have a situation that's come up and I could use some advice please...

OK, I moved to a new state a  few months ago, got married and I love it here... I have been very happy with my baking, and was doing well, I mean I wasn't like a bakery yet but 1 or 2 a week or so and I was happy... well someone I have never met, but knows my new in-laws saw my page I had made(FB) this person is a hair stylist and mom/wife... she has now decided to open a bakery and I seem to be the steps on which she is climbing...she first went onto my page and contacted the few ppl I had done cakes for and offered them like these fantastic deals, then she reported my page to fb is has been removed... so like what is her deal? HAS ANYONE WENT THROUGH THIS? IF SO WHAT CAN I DO?? I don't want to be mean, but dang!

Thanks,

Jellybean

6 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 7

Wow, that totally stinks!  Why did fb remove your page?

jellybeanlane Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 7

@Jinkies ‍ she reported that it was a scammer page and because I had not had it up for very long I guess they believed her now I cant put one up for 60days...

amartin1900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amartin1900 Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 7

Wow! I've never been able to get facebook to even take vulgar posts down! I would contact facebook and tell them. 

Contact your customers and warn them of this. People like working with good people.  

What bride wants cheap Cake when they find our they are a liar?  

If she's not following the law with her business,  you could report her. I'm not suggesting revenge. 

So sorry,  I know it must make your blood boil. 

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 12:17am
post #5 of 7

That's awful.  I would maybe contact your clients and let them know that due to a fb issue, you will not have a page for a while but you are still in business.

I agree with @amartin1900 ‍ about revenge.  Best not to get in the pig pen, know what I mean?  Take the high road and you'll be fine.  If she is working like that, her business won't last long.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 2:14am
post #6 of 7

Did you tell facebook that you'e being harassed by her? I'd report that you're a legitimate business that's being harassed and they might put it back up.

jellybeanlane Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 3:40am
post #7 of 7

I did report this to fb they said they will do an "investigation" but while they are doing it I've decided to just create a webpage not a whole lot she can do about that lol and I've contacted everyone and apologized for any inconveniences this may have caused them and offered a discount on their next order to show that I appreciated their business and if they wanted to stay with me I'd be happy to do the best Job every time with every cake they needed!( but I wasn't going to get into a price war with her just to keep ppl you know).... I am very reasonable and I work hard at what I do and I want them to be happy but I am not going to keep giving something for free so they come back....

Thank you guys for all the advice and support it really helped a lot! You all are the best!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%