Bad Review By A Satisfied Bride! Help

Business By amartin1900 Updated 13 Feb 2016 , 2:12am by costumeczar

amartin1900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amartin1900 Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 4

Ok we've heard of bridezillas and this bride may have been one.  Had a great consultation with her,  several emails.  I didn't get back with her on whether or not she should build a stand.  3 days. She had no deposit down,  no contract signed and have me a 1 star review for no communication!  I apologized,  explained I was on vacation.  She said my cake was the best and she'd love to order from me.  

Confused I moved forward.  Her wedding was great,  she posted on Facebook that she loved everything! 

I commented back a link to the page where she had found me and reviewed me saying "don't forget to show your love"

It got a like.

I emailed her and asked if she would update her review. Nothing yet. 

I have all 5 star reviews apart from hers and it is critical if I want to win the Best of award again. 

What should I do? 

3 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry this happened to ya.  I really don't have any advice on how to handle the bride.  The more you contact her re: it, the more you risk aggravating her.  

I would say that, if you don't already have it, add an "out of office" message to your email when you're on vacation.  Just something simple like, "your inquiry is very important to me, however, I will not have access to my email until XXXX.  I will return your email at that time....yada yada".  Otherwise, people feel that they are left hanging and, sadly, they'll give a bad review.  What can I say....some people just suck....

amartin1900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amartin1900 Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 4

I will definitelydo this next time,  thank you!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 2:12am
post #4 of 4

What "best of" award are you trying to get? You can't force people to update a review or even do one at all. If you're trying to get a best of from Wedding Wire you just have to get a certain number of reviews and they hand those out. just get your other brides to review you if it bothers you that much, and it will bury the bad review. Or post fake ones yourself, haha! I know a bunch of people who have had other vendors post fake reviews on wedding sites, so they post their own fake reviews themselves to counteract those. I closed my Wedding Wire account recently because the whole online review thing is such a scam, you can't trust any of them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%