Top Tier Of Cupcake Tower Size

Baking By Holiver Updated 13 Feb 2016 , 4:06pm by kakeladi

Holiver Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a cupcake tower for a friends wedding with a top tier cutting cake and i'm worried about the size of the top tier cake.

If the stand top itself is 6 inch do i make the top tier 6" and it fit snug on the top of the stand or do i sit a 4" cake on a 6" board and pop it up on top?

Alternatively do I go off piste completely and do a 6" cake on 7"/8" board and it hang over the edge slightly?

Any help will be welcome! 

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 5

To me not being able to see the stand makes it's hard to answer.  Most likely I would make a 6: cake on an 8" board.  Have you tried setting up the stand then using styro or cake pans try which way looks best?  

Holiver Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 10:48am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I don't have any Styrofoam 900_top-tier-of-cupcake-tower_98489956bf0a099ff9e.jpg

Thank you for your help :-)

Holiver Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 10:50am
post #4 of 5

The last message didn't come out very well.

It was meant to say I don't have any Styrofoam but I have an image of the stand from the website. Does this help at all?

Thank you for all your help :)

kakeladi Posted 13 Feb 2016 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, that image does help a lot:)  I still think going w/a 6" top on an 8" board would be just fine.  Styro is easy to purchase in stores like MIchael's or Joann's fabric  abd probably other $ type stores:)..........  But unnecessary if you use the cake pan you will bake in.  That will give  you a visual enough to decide which way you want to go.           Oh, ooh I just thought of something.  You can put your 6" on a 6" board......then on that on an 8 or even 10 board.  When ready to set up your stand just slip the cake & 6" board off the lgr one and set it on the stand and add a tiny border.      Whether you use a 4 or 6 top make it just 3" tall.  It will look much better than 4" tall (at least IMHO) :)             Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%