What Do You..

Lounge By .eat.cake. Updated 12 Feb 2016 , 5:44pm by remnant3333

.eat.cake. Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 7:15am
post #1 of 6

Love about cake decorating?  What do you hate? And what have you learned the hard way?

I love making sugar flowers and I hate colouring large quantities of fondant.

I learned the hard way that it is so much easier to crumb coat a cake if you do the sides first!  I must have done 20 + cakes before I thought to do the sides first. Head meets palm!

5 replies
Pastrybaglady Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 7:57am
post #2 of 6

I love planning a design and it coming out as I planned.  I hate cleaning up when I'm done!  I've learned early prep makes everything come together with less stress and cleaning as I work is more efficient.

Jinkies Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 6

Oh yeah, I second the prep part.  So much easier and less stressful when I have the decorations, that can be done ahead, done.  Everything ALWAYS takes longer than I think it will take.  I like the actual baking the least.  If I had a pile of cake that I could just decorate, I'd be happy, haha!

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 6

Baking.  I love the planning and the decorating...i just hate the bit in the middle.  Wish I could have a magically iced cake appear in front of me!

kakeladi Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 6

As I remember I hated the delivery most.  Loved?  The actual decorating - especially if it turns out as you wanted or better:)  

remnant3333 Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 6

I love to pipe buttercream flowers!! I also love to see a person's reaction to the cake when they first see it!! You feel good when they love it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%