Minnie Mouse Head Shaped Cake?

Decorating By cakechic87 Updated 12 Feb 2016 , 10:52am by cakechic87

cakechic87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechic87 Posted 11 Feb 2016 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 5

How do you make these kind of cakes? Do you use like a 10" round for the head with two 6" rounds for the ears? Do I need to carve anything or can you just put them next to each other? And can I do buttercream roses/rosettes instead? Because I can't make out what kind of tip or pattern was used to do the icing on this cake. Thanks!

56bc91a20124e.jpeg

4 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 11 Feb 2016 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 5

I think you pretty much answered your own question.... Yes, these easy, single-layer shaped cakes are made with one large round and 2 small rounds - whatever sizes you need to accommodate how many servings you want.   You can ice the cake smooth; cover with fondant; or use large-tip rosettes or stars to cover the cake..whatever best suits your decorating abilities.

BeeBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBakes Posted 11 Feb 2016 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 5

yeah looks like rounds to me, but i would maybe carve out a little bit from the ears so they fit flush with the head. 

i think buttercream rosettes would be fine. hth

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 11 Feb 2016 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 5

To me, it looks like an 8" round, with two 4" rounds for the ears - I think that board is a 12" board, which is why I say that.  Just use some icing to "glue" the ears to the head (so they don't shift) and then frost away.  The tip used looks like a star tip, but you could do rosettes instead.  I think that would probably look prettier anyway.

cakechic87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechic87 Posted 12 Feb 2016 , 10:52am
post #5 of 5

Thank y'all so much! I thought so, just wanted to make sure since I never made one like this before! You never know when you start working on a cake, sometimes you think you know how to do it & how it will come out, but it ends up being harder or not what you expected lol. Thanks again! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%