Few Questions Regarding Stabilised Whipped Cream And Cake Push Pops

Decorating By Savvybone Updated 10 Feb 2016 , 8:38pm by -K8memphis

Savvybone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Savvybone Posted 10 Feb 2016 , 3:24am
post #1 of 2

Hi all.

I am having my baby shower in about a month and I am planning on making Cake push pops. I am making quite a lot in three different flavours and I wanted to use a Whipped cream or Cream cheese frosting with whipped cream to frost all of them but I'm worried as the frosting is very loose and does not hold if not constantly chilled...

I'm wondering if this will be a problem as it is going to be in a Push pop container with the lid on anyway? I have seen recipes for stabilised whipped cream with gelatin and another using piping gel instead, if I were to use either one, which of the two would hold better?

Thank you

P.S I find buttercream too rich and sweet that's why I prefer Cream cheese/Whipped cream

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Feb 2016 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 2

all of those icings need to be kept well refrigerated -- the lid has no bearing on that --

whipped cream is very stable without any additives if whipped properly* but you have to keep it cold all the time like you said -- piping gel is an easier preparation because a lot of peeps don't get the gelatin thing right -- the piping gel already has the gelatin in it and it doesn't lump up like gelatin can/might for the inexperienced -- 

*so the way to be sure your whipped cream is stable without any pg or g is: for example if you whip it too long it turns to butter right? so whip it till it almost  turns to butter -- it will hold perfectly -- if it is under whipped it will weep, be puny and break your heart

and this is your baby shower for your own baby? someone else is supposed to make them for you! wah wah

best to you -- sounds like a great dessert for your shower

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%