post #211 of 349

Hi!

@Wipaweew ‍ could you please share the Korean buttercream recipe

[email protected]

thanks. 

Hslim780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hslim780 Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 11:57am
post #212 of 349

Sorry is Loyocakitchen and Shamna the same person?

Cos shamna did mention she selling yc buttercream recipe thru etsy link. 

Thanks. 

Loyocakitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loyocakitchen Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 12:21pm
post #213 of 349

Hello, I was busy for a long time with cakes in my Shop and studied Topping Cream ^^

I am not Shamma, I am Lê Thanh Trang , Fb: Lê Thanh Trang ( loyoca kitchen ), and I am from Vietnam.

The reason I was late in selling recipe is the : feeling with buttercream

Some body can success in 1st time but some one can not, When I sent the recipe and my method to make glossy buttercream to my best friend, She has a knowledge with Glossy and Skinny Buttercream but She needed 3 times to get Success, 1st and 2nd were her fail, I told her a lot by phone, pictures, videos, but it depend of the feeling...

It is very hard to get the best Glossy and Skinny Buttercream without watch live, " you have to look directly work " is the good way to let you know and can do it in your Kitchen.

If you can buy Recipe from Some one not me , It is Ok because I need time to find the best way to ensure your success...

Thank you so much

Loyocakitchen Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 12:26pm
post #214 of 349

My TOpping cream in class

[postimage id="5731" thumb="900"]

Shamna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamna Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 2:05pm
post #215 of 349

Quote by @panseluta on 6 hours ago

To Shamna

The recipe I received from you is NOT with Yogurt  is with 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream ! The demonstration video that shows the recipe being made can be another recipe, how do I know? And you why didn't tell me  to reach you if something get wrong? This is NOT  mislead,  sorry, this is the truth! I am not a kid who play around!

You only tell:"Once purchased, no refunds will be issued". 

Okay.so i hope you will read through the last few pages and realise i never claimed to sell the yogurt buttercream.... that was @loyocakitchen...none of my posts mention anything about yogurt.. i believe @Hslim780 from the page contacted me  about the yogurt buttercream and i corrected her... the etsy description has all the info about my buttercream....

Digital files are not refunded and you cannot unlearn the intellectual material contained in the files....

I have reached out to you on etsy and by private message here to help you with the recipe, but you chose to blame me for somethibg im not even responsible for?

Shamna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamna Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 2:07pm
post #216 of 349

Quote by @Hslim780 on 2 hours ago

Sorry is Loyocakitchen and Shamna the same person?

Cos shamna did mention she selling yc buttercream recipe thru etsy link. 

Thanks. 

Yes she has unfortunately misunderstood and probably didnt know how to contact via etsy....

Heartofmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heartofmary Posted 25 Nov 2016 , 12:37pm
post #217 of 349

I usually make my SMBC using very soft butter but today I tried using cold butter (as suggested in this thread).  Here are the things I can confirm:

1) The resulting buttercream is indeed "waxy" and is very different from buttercream that is made from soft butter.  It actually looks like pure butter! (It makes you wonder where all the eggwhites went!)  It is not fluffy like normal SMBC. However, it is very good for piping flowers as it is very stiff.  I did not use any parchment squares and had no difficulty transferring the flowers from nail to cake.  I did not need to freeze them as I normally do with my buttercream flowers.

2) Australian butter is quite yellow so my buttercream was very yellow. (The rose in the photo below did not have any food colouring at all.) No matter how long you beat this thing, it seems it will not whiten. So the whiter your butter, the better as it will take colour better as well.

3) It is true that while the buttercream is glossy, flowers will only appear translucent if your nozzle opening is really narrow (thus creating thinner petals). I used a normal 104.  My petals were quite thick - glossy but not translucent.

Having said this, I think there is no need to look for a special or "secret" recipe for buttercream. Try using whatever IMBC or SMBC recipe you have.  Just use cold butter! Personally, I would use this kind of buttercream for piping flowers but I would still prefer to frost my cake with my usual SMBC as it is more spreadable and easy to smooth out.

[postimage id="5793" thumb="900"]

Kammol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kammol Posted 25 Nov 2016 , 7:50pm
post #218 of 349

Thank you heartofmary for your post ... I'm going to give cold butter a try and see what happens

Vanitycakes.ca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanitycakes.ca Posted 27 Nov 2016 , 5:05pm
post #219 of 349

Hi there!

I am from Vanity Cakes based in Canada. 

We make alot of buttercream flowers using american buttercream. We have tried and tested many recipes and the type of american buttercream we used on this cake was perfect for the dark colours our client had requested. 

But we are still on the hunt for the perfect recipe as we want to make our flowers just as nice as the korean style!

Meringue buttercreams don't take dark colours well and melt easily in the piping bags. We will definitely be trying the cold style recipe IMBC to see how that works!

[img]Http://i64.tinypic.com/2hd4ozo.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2czebl3.jpg[/img]

follow us on instagram @vanitycakes.ca 

Vanitycakes.ca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanitycakes.ca Posted 27 Nov 2016 , 5:24pm
post #220 of 349

Sorry can't seem to edit the post above to add the pictures properly.

Here they are:

2hd4ozo.jpg

2czebl3.jpg

marian_studio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marian_studio Posted 29 Nov 2016 , 7:56pm
post #221 of 349

Hi @JYMum ‍ 

May you email me the recipe as well? It is

[email protected] thank you!

Azee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Azee Posted 30 Nov 2016 , 5:39pm
post #222 of 349

Hi, @JYMum ‍!

Would love to have a recipe too... [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

Azee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Azee Posted 30 Nov 2016 , 6:15pm
post #223 of 349

Hi, @Wipaweew ‍ !

could you send me the recipe as well?  [email protected]

thank you in advance!

97lee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
97lee Posted 1 Dec 2016 , 2:00pm
post #224 of 349

hi.. i'm a new member here.. i love the way you decorate hope you share.. i'm interested to learn.. thank you..

Strawberry1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strawberry1234 Posted 2 Dec 2016 , 7:40pm
post #225 of 349

Hi,

I am also looking for making glossy translucent buttercream flowers. I have tried using Italian method buttercream with cold butter added to the cooled down meringue.

I was so happy at first because after adding in the sugar syrup the meringue was so glossy and still stiff. However, the cold butter was so hard to whip (I used a had held electric mixer) and I set it to high speed. 

After adding butter, I had cottage cheese type mixture. I then continued to whip on high speed. However, after a few minutes I realized the mixture turned into white liquid and butter separately. I was so so so sad and disappointed to see that happened. Does anyone know what went wrong? Did I blend it too long? And too strong?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. I will keep trying. 

QuyenQuyen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuyenQuyen Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 12:27am
post #226 of 349

@strawberry 1234

excellent!!!! You are on the right Track!! Cold butter and cold merigue must be separated into liqid before it mixed again. There is a key point that some one already showed you few post ago that "it takes you long time, and if you do it right you will know why".  Continue and control your speed!! That is important also!!

Congratulation!!

Loyocakitchen Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 2:22am
post #227 of 349

IMBC ^^

I love this tasty ^^[postimage id="5829" thumb="900"]

97lee Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 3:53am
post #228 of 349

your cake really amazing.. hope i can do like that.. 

97lee Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:01am
post #229 of 349

really amazing.. i can't imagine how  can  you do that.. 

Strawberry1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strawberry1234 Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 1:34pm
post #230 of 349

Hi @QuyenQuyen,

Thank you so much for your comments! 

As I don't have any knowledge about butter, I didn't know the separation of cold butter and the cold meringue turning into liquid would be normal. So I just stopped and I didn't continue to whip it until it's mixed again.  

I will try again and hopefully I will succeed.

QuyenQuyen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuyenQuyen Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:24pm
post #231 of 349

@heartofmary and @strawberry1234The

It is true that the flower will make more translucent if the nozzle is very thin! In case you can not buy Koren nozzle, another tip for you is that using hammer to flat out tip 104. It works wonder!!! :)))

iamkrisler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamkrisler Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 10:54pm
post #232 of 349

[postimage id="5834" thumb="900"][postimage id="5835" thumb="900"]buttercream result of recipe below

hi everyone!

i was really curious about why korean buttercream is so translucent and glossy. so i searched and i stumble about this ig account which the owner shared her/his recipe. and based on her photos, it looks really similar with korean buttercream. I want to share it with everyone and hope to have feedbak who had tried or will try! im a SMB user and when i do this recipe it will be my first time with IMB, so im not confident to get it right first time.  [postimage id="5836" thumb="900"]

Bulan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bulan Posted 5 Dec 2016 , 6:32am
post #233 of 349

Hiii @JYMum ‍ may i have ur buttercream rcp ? Thankyou so much ^^ here is my email [email protected]

Quote by @JYMum on 12 Apr 2016 , 2:38am

Hi,Im ivymrspark. This is my new ID. Sorry for the late reply. I just came back home from holiday. Yes,I can share the my recipe. I had never learned from any korean teachers. this is my own method. So be sure it's really the one you r looking for. I'm planning on taking some photos toexplain how to make the glossy buttercream. You can leave your email. I will send you once it's ready.

Whiskandfroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Whiskandfroth Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 6:04am
post #234 of 349

Hey everyone!

I've recently discovered the mysteriour glossy and translucent recipe! As I have experimented with it, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to buy it from me?

This isn't any lie. It is an IMBC method with key steps and procedures! Let me know!

nhimsy12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhimsy12 Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 6:23am
post #235 of 349

@Whiskandfroth how much? please show some pic of your work

CuriousandCuriouser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuriousandCuriouser Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 7:31am
post #236 of 349

You can buy it from me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/p/BKBhd55hNTS/?taken-by=otherworldlybeauty Check out some of my work, im going to be doing a ton more with the icing soon![postimage id="5851" thumb="900"]

CuriousandCuriouser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuriousandCuriouser Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 7:33am
post #237 of 349

I am also working on a VEGAN recipe!

Whiskandfroth Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 7:05pm
post #238 of 349

I don't have any pictures of my flowers as I am quite terrible at piping, but this is the glossy buttercream! It's very glossy and translucent. I'm so happy I finally figured it out! Please let me know if any of you are interested in buying this. I will sell it at $25 USD

[postimage id="5853" thumb="900"]

Whiskandfroth Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 7:51pm
post #239 of 349

Here are some chrysanthemums using the glossy buttercream

[postimage id="5854" thumb="900"]

ajm092000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajm092000 Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 3:28am
post #240 of 349

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%