Cottage Food Cake Decorator Resume

Business By KMKakes Updated 7 Feb 2016 , 12:07pm by -K8memphis

KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 7:32am
post #1 of 4

I have been a Cottage food business owner for 2 years. I am desiring to create a resume regarding being a custom cookie/cake decorator. I do not have a lot of experience creating resumes, as my previous job was as a teacher assistant. Listing out the duties I carry out is simple yet is lengthy.  Q: what is a possible best fitting title to label myself? Should I literally list EVERY small detail? I am afraid that doing so will make my resume extensively long. Side humor: I had thought about labeling myself as CFO however, the cake boss software actually does that work for me.   All help will be appreciated.

3 replies
KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 8:04am
post #2 of 4

I want to add that the position that i am applying is for a school lunchroom worker. I do not want to scare the employer away from my resume as to think that being a cottage food cake and cookie decorator will interfere with the position that I am applying for.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 11:47am
post #3 of 4

what's germaine is your sanitation know how and safe food handling procedures -- have you taken servsafe classes -- those things are resume worthy items going for a cafeteria position -- create a resume specifically designed to target the skills required for the job you are applying for -- i mean don't fudge anything but you're right you don't list every little thing -- just generalize -- even if it was for a cake decorating job -- you'd still specifically  generalize :)

hope you get it and it's awesome

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 4

the object of the game when you are applying for a job is to honestly be/say/do whatever will make the other person's job easier if/when they hire you -- yes you have to sell yourself and be confident that you can be valuable in the new position even though there will of course be some training involved -- 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%