Results From Bridal Shows, Worth It?

Business By amartin1900 Updated 7 Feb 2016 , 2:32am by BeesKnees578

amartin1900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amartin1900 Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 3

Before I spend $500-$1000 I'd like to know if it's worth it. How much business #of weddings dodd you get? 

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 3:01am
post #2 of 3

It is very hard to answer your ? I have done 5 or 6 over the years and every show produced totally different results.  You have to talk to other vendors before and during the show.  How many years has this show been put on?  What kind of turnout have they had in the past?  Remember when the producers throw out # not all are brides.  Each bride usually brings at least 2 or 3 friends/relatives with them.  Also know it is going to cost you at least 2x the fee as you have to provide samples; brochures and/or business cards.  Lots of pictures (8x10 if possible) and display dummy cakes.  It costs you time & $$ to produce them.  

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 2:32am
post #3 of 3

In addition to what kakeladi said, you have to remember who your target market is.  If you're a higher end baker, I'd choose more boutique-y bridal shows where the attendees may be willing to spend a little more on the cake.  If you're average price, but have cool designs, maybe a big bridal fair is more up your alley, where your designs will help you stand out.  I've never done a huge bridal fair for a couple of reasons:  1)  It's very expensive and I am a very small business, 2)  I've been told it's very overwhelming for brides and unless you are a big name, you are easily forgotten even if they LOVE your stuff...business cards get muddled in with everyone else's.  You have to be on point with your branding, designs, flavors to make enough of an impression that they remember you if you're a small business.  The big ones do bring in a WIDE variety of brides, mostly middle of the road or budget, IMO.  Because of that I choose smaller shows with a more upscale client base.  HTH.  And these are just my thoughts....I'd love to hear what others have to say.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%