Two Different Fondants On Cake - Scalloped Look

Decorating By sugarcakeslady Updated 7 Feb 2016 , 3:06am by nadiacorallo

sugarcakeslady Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

It's been a while since I had a question I needed to ask!  I am doing the Two Peas in a Pod cake and it has two different colors of fondant seperated by a green string.  My question is how do I acheive this effect?

Hopefully, I will be able to send a picture of the cake.  It is not the same but it has this effect!!

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 4

i would test this first of course to make sure my colors work out -- but cover the cake in blue fondant and score where you want the vines to go then using a paint or a petal dust go over the lower section to make it green and then attach the moistened vines to cover the join --

i'm thinking just a yellow over the blue might get you to the green you want -- it's a pale green in this photo but even if you just paint it green you should be good to go

best to you

me_me1 Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 2:34am
post #3 of 4

I think I would probably just do a second layer of fondant (you could roll it quite thin).  I would cover the whole cake in blue fondant and then just cut a curvy strip of green fondant and wrap it around the base like a ribbon. 

J   :)

nadiacorallo Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 3:06am
post #4 of 4

I would also do what me_me1 suggests. Cover cake in blue fondant and then cut a curvy strip of green fondant and place it on. But if you want the two colours to be flush with each other, I would suggest you cover the cake in blue fondant and then, using a razor blade, carve out along the bottom layer that you want to be in green, and use that piece as a guide to cut out a piece of green fondant. Apply that to the cake and  voila! Hope that made sense, good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%