Need Help With A Bday Cake For A Chef Please!

Decorating By stelanicuta Updated 4 Feb 2016 , 1:10am by kakeladi

stelanicuta Posted 3 Feb 2016 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 2

Hey, it's my boyfriend's birthday really soon and since I don't like the cakes here in Romania, I decided to make one by myself. I have never made a cake before, but I am optimistic :D56b21366d9bff.jpeg

this is approximately the cake I want to make him(found the image on internet and liked it) and really need your help.I haven't found any tutorials on how to create this. I have read debates upon marzipan/fondant... but I have no idea about any of them so please explain which is better for novices and where can I buy some. and the lines, the collar, the buttons.. Thank you a lot in advance!

1 reply
kakeladi Posted 4 Feb 2016 , 1:10am
post #2 of 2

Being you live in Romania it is impossible to help you know where to buy supplies :(   This is a rather simple cake to make if you know anything about decorating.   You simply bake a cake in a rectangle pan (like a 9"x13" ) and cover it with rolled fondant.  The lines and buttons are simply piped with a small round tip (like a Wilton #3).  The collar is just a piece of somewhat thicker fondant cut about 1 1/2" wide by maybe 8" to 10" long and stood up on the edge around the neck area.  The lines on the pocket (under the name) are piped from a tip - maybe a Wilton #47?   Hope that helps you some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%