All The Ways One Could Use This . . .

Baking By leah_s Updated 8 Feb 2016 , 5:59pm by AndiAnnes

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 10

https://glowforge.com/

I have NO connection to this product.  Just saw it online.

9 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 12:13am
post #2 of 10

I can't even...

The mind boggles at what can be done with technology.  it can carve chocolate?!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 1:15am
post #3 of 10

i want one

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 2:43am
post #4 of 10

I've been watching this for a while now. They had an initial funding thing where you could order them for half off or something, but the specs are still a little iffy. The shipping cost is enormous and unless you live near a place that sells them there wouldn't be any kind of support if something went wrong with it and it needed repairs. There were a lot of people on different sites talking about it and there were some problems with them. I read one review where the author REALLY wanted to give it an amazing review but couldn't because of the things that went wrong with it when it was being displayed at a trade show. I decided to wait until they've been around for a few years and the price goes down when someone else starts making them and there's some competition. It's like the 3D printers, they look fancy but until they work out all the bugs it's risky.

costumeczar Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 2:46am
post #5 of 10

Hmmm...They're still offering the Pre-order pricing? That was supposed to be cut off a couple of months ago. Something's up with that, I bet they didn't expect there to be such a demand for them. I'll continue to watch and read the reviews when they start shipping them! 

-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 3:22am
post #6 of 10

either such a demand or not enough demand 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 3:26am
post #7 of 10

I never jump on new technology, I always wait for them to work out some of the bugs first.  I was surprised it was just a few thousand dollars.  Thought it would be more.

-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 4:00am
post #8 of 10

i mean i want one but then again i am the one who bought the edible ink printer and never even opened the box because i meditated on how much trouble shooting i would need to do and how much patience i don't have/want to use on technology and eventually sold it on ebay for a sweet profit i might add --

i can't even get all the kinks out of my regular paper printer hahaha -- k8, that's not funny that's pathetic -- true

but i still want one however it does sound too good to be true especially for that low price

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 2 Feb 2016 , 4:23am
AndiAnnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AndiAnnes Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 10

This thing looks amazing!!!  I have a friend that pre-ordered one, I will have to see how she likes it :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%