Lace Mold Required For Wedding Cake

Decorating By Mattf Updated 1 Feb 2016 , 2:26pm by -K8memphis

Mattf Posted 31 Jan 2016 , 3:11am
post #1 of 5

There are thousands of lace molds around but I can't seem to find the exact one that my partner wants. Can anyone help me? I am looking for the mold that can create the effect seen in the attached photo. Note the fine detail on the top and bottom edges.

4 replies
costumeczar Posted 31 Jan 2016 , 3:52am
post #2 of 5

I think that's a cake lace mat, not a fondant mold.

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jan 2016 , 11:52am
post #3 of 5

one way to accomplish the delicate whispies would be to pipe it after applying the lace

vito1927 Posted 31 Jan 2016 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 5

You can purchase the pre made vintage edible lace on  eBay  from mommyschoice1. I have bought several from them and are gorgous. Very intricate designs and paper thin like a doilie. Perhaps not the exact lace but it's worth a look. They will color it for free  and make it fresh then ship within 2-3 days. It's my "go to" for my edible lace needs. From order to delivery is within 7 days. it's much easier than buying the mold, the mixture, not to mention the time saving. $8-8.50 per 15 inch panel. Check it out.

-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

maybe look to match the lace at a fabric store & make a mold or have it made -- i think i'd still be prepared to pipe the whispies than try to get them all arranged in place on the cake -- hopefully they will cooperate -- they sure did on the pictured cake -- it's gorgeous

Quote by @%username% on %date%