Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By lyndaa Updated 28 Jan 2016 , 7:56pm by lyndaa

lyndaa Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 4

So... It is a three tier cake, the 12inch mud cake is in the freezer, as are the vanilla and lemon tiers. Want to cover the mud cake in ganache and the other tiers "semi naked" style. Has anyone used a white choc ganache to get that look? Hot and humid here so thought it may hold up better than a buttercream. Not sure how it would look when scraped thin..

Also, if I fill and ganache the mud cake on Tuesday would it stay fresh for Saturday? I understand they improve with keeping. Would help me to get one tier out of the way.

thanks for any tips regarding timeline, frostings in a hot climate

3 replies
jessica.n Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 12:53am
post #2 of 4

I'm only new to decorating but all the videos I've watched and everything I have read has told me not to use a ganache as a covering when it's hot and humid or hot. 

Recently I watched this video that may give you an idea...

costumeczar Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 1:20am
post #3 of 4

How hot and humid are you talking about? I wouldn't use chocolate anything in really hot weather.

lyndaa Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 4

I have read that chocolate will not melt as quickly as butter. It is used extensively in Australia. My question really is has anyone used it for a semi naked cake, would it be malleable when you are skimming the sides of the cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%