Casting: Food Network - Cake Artist

Business By MimiFix Updated 2 Feb 2016 , 10:18am by julia1812

MimiFix Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 9

Surely I've misunderstood. You're only looking for a male?  Is it  because you've already cast the fun and funky female?

8 replies
Gingerlocks Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 9

I was thinking the exact same thing @MimiFix ‍. I mean I would never want to take part in a television show in the first place; but there are many, many qualified and talented WOMEN who would love the opportunity.

MimiFix Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 9

You know what they say, @Gingerlocks ‍: "Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."

costumeczar Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 9

Considering the tv shows that have been most promoted and shoved down the throats of people have featured men, when men are by far the minority gender in cake decorating circles, I will go so far to say that casting another male to feature is a sucky move. And Food Network just got another notch on the "sucks" belt. 

costumeczar Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 9

How strange, they deleted the original post. For those of you coming across this now, the Food Network had a a casting agency asking for a fabulous cake decorator with great decorating skills for a new show, but they only wanted male decorators. I wouldn't want anyone to be confused by the fact that they apparently came back, saw our responses, and deleted the original post. Let's give them the credit they deserve for not wanting to cast a woman in a show about a career field that's dominated by women.

Gingerlocks Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 9

I can't believe they deleted their post; talk about running away with their tails between their legs. Let's just hope this new show is better than the usual crap I avoid, aka..Cake Wars, Holiday Baking Championship etc.

craftybanana2 Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 3:23am
post #7 of 9

I's rather watch Mario Lopez in an apron than Martha Stewart. Seriously though, if most of their viewers are women then it makes sense to cast some nice looking men for a change. I did enjoy Iron Chef in the early days, can't say I remember any women being on there, but I'm sure there are females who cook like that. Same for cakes.

Edit: I just saw CostumeCzar's comment, it could be if they said "fabulous" they were possibly aiming to branch out to good looking gay males as well? Which strangely enough appeals to a wide female audience.

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 2 Feb 2016 , 3:26am
MimiFix Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 4:00am
post #8 of 9

The bozo who started this chat is gone and dumped the dregs on me. I say we should all go home and pretend it never happened. Thank you very much and good night.

julia1812 Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 10:18am
post #9 of 9

Could have been deleted by another cc member too as there seems to be a flaw with the system. If I was to delete my post on here, I would accidentally delete the entire thread. Just a thought...

Quote by @%username% on %date%