Bussneiss

Baking By vanilla B Updated 22 Feb 2016 , 4:09pm by -K8memphis

vanilla B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanilla B Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 16

hello bakers 

please any one  help me 

i want a cake recipe suits any pan size easily and with economical elements (no fancy content) becouse am starting bussneiss at home  if u suggest asponge then advice me the basic recipe and how i could adjust it i still have problem with different cake pan sizes 

thank you 

15 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 11:29am
post #2 of 16

Are you opening up a cake business without at least ONE recipe you're able to adjust to different cake pan sizes??? Sounds a little rushed to me. Maybe you should reconcider and get some practice and confidence in baking first. Sorry if I sound harsh, just think it might end up in a disaster...

vanilla B Posted 29 Jan 2016 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 16

no who talled you ihave no recipe 

i have sponge cake recipe am using if for long time in small business but i want to try  another recipes that i could adjust 

its ok ..

but rather being harsh ..you could tell me somthin  usefull .

thank you 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 29 Jan 2016 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 16

I think I did ;)

vanilla B Posted 29 Jan 2016 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 16

thank you ^_^

annagon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annagon Posted 29 Jan 2016 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 16

Why can't you just multiply or divide your current recipe to adjust it to different sizes?  If you convert your measurements to weights, it'll make it even easier.

vanilla B Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 16

could you explain to me please 

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 16

Hi Vanilla B!  If your vanilla sponge recipe fills two 8" pans, it should fill one 10" pan.  Or you can double the recipe and fill two 10" pans.  

Is this what you are trying to figure out?  You can do that will any recipe, although it tends to be easier if you measure your ingredients by weight rather than cups, etc.

annagon Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 16

Exactly. Recipes generally aren't written to only fit a specific pan size. If you want to fill a bigger pan or multiple pans, multiply the ingredients. Smaller, divide them. Generally the only thing that changes is the bake time and that's something you have to figure out with your oven.  I usually just multiply by the same amount across the board. Unless you have a very delicate recipe, this should work. 

annagon Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 6:02pm
post #10 of 16

Sorry and what I meant by convert to weights is that if you're currently using cups, measure the ingredients in whatever recipe you use on a scale even the eggs, then it's easier to divide and multiply the ingredients in each recipe. As far as specific recipes there are literally millions, unless you're asking for something specific or are having issues with a specific type of recipe, it's almost impossible for people to suggest recipes. 

SweetDesire88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDesire88 Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 7:18pm
post #11 of 16

If you have your so called "sponge cake recipe" that you have used for so long in the "small business," why want to use another. Apparently it has worked for you for so many years. And you should know how to adjust the recipe for all pan sizes.

agree with Julia1812 and I know someone exactly like you. She tried to get me recipes to start her business. Sadly she stills wants to know how I make my cakes. People like you and her are just a disappointment to the baking and decorating community.  

If want to start you own business there are tons of recipes on the internet that you can try and see which one works for you. 

vanilla B Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 8:12pm
post #12 of 16

i use this recipe becouse ppl like sponge cake in my area 

the second thing i have small work becouse my people never asked about cake size more than 10 inch witch i know to do my recipe very well 

but i want to learn more from another experiance ppl like you how to calculate the other sizes because untill now i didnt get it how to devide what on what sorry

my recipe in weight by the way 

and am sorry f i tired you guys i just want an example to understand more 

thats the only question i have but other than that i know my recipe alot becouse they always ask for the same sizes and my work is simple piping not carving or fondant my customers doesnt like the taste  of it (most of them)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 11:36pm
post #13 of 16

http://www.wilton.com/cms-wedding-cake-data.html

the fourth column in this chart goes by cups -- and a typical cake batter is 5 to 8 cups per recipe -- just have to measure and record the different amounts you can get -- so this chart gives you an idea of the correct amount of batter per pan --

do you consider sour cream 'fancy'? if so then never mind this recipe but otherwise it's a great one for cakes that do not get refrigerated

http://homecooking.about.com/od/cakerecipes/r/blc13.htm

but i use an extra quarter cup cake flour (for a total of 2.5 cups) and i add use 3 egg whites and one full egg -- but i just add them to the creamed sugar and butter -- i do not whip them separately like instructions say to do --

and i mean you can convert it to all weights too if you want

i'm not sure why some of us are a little crabby today -- please don't mind them -- you are most welcome here

vanilla B Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 11:31am
post #14 of 16

its ok my friend thank you for ur understanding and forgive me if i had abad writting am arabic and i was  glad to learn from you bu i found some ppl didnt understand what am speaking 

thank you and i learnd alot from ur comment k8 memphis

-K8memphis Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 4:05pm
post #15 of 16

all good, vanilla b, no worries

if i can get my private messages on here to work i'll send you another recipe no sour cream in it

-K8memphis Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 4:09pm
post #16 of 16

please let me know if you didn't receive it and i'll resend -- thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%