Edible Wafer Sheets

Decorating By Nana52 Updated 29 Jan 2016 , 8:28am by Nana52

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 6

Can edible wafer sheets be applied to SMBC?  I've seen it on American BC and on fondant, but not SMBC.  Thanks.

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 5:26am
post #2 of 6

Sorry noone has answered your ?.   Since I have never used SMBC I really can't answer it either.  I would think it would be o.k. unless the b'cream is wet and I mean really wet.  If I remember right it is egg whites, sugar and (real) butter.  Once the whites are whipped up I see no reason it should cause problems.

Nana52 Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 9:27am
post #3 of 6

kakeladi, thanks

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 6

I think you should be able to, but the only problem would be that to adhere it you'd have to have the cake cold, and when it warms up it condenses, then the paper would absorb that moisture and buckle. I did a video about putting wafer paper on buttercream and I think that I said to not refrigerate it afterward...let me look.

*Last edited by costumeczar on 28 Jan 2016 , 12:55pm
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 6

Start at about 1:53 for the buttercream part. I remember why I did this video now, someone had put a wafer paper-covered cake in the fridge and it had wrinkled and bubbled. So if you don't refrigerate it it should be okay, but it might be hard to put on room temperature Swiss Meringue because it's softer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6t8CGxta34&list=PLZ_bioPrrMRec2X2rNqKyqbL2m91phsGe&index=18

Nana52 Posted 29 Jan 2016 , 8:28am
post #6 of 6

costumeczar, thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%