Urgent! Too Much Corn Syrup In Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By SweetCakesByAZ Updated 26 Jan 2016 , 11:22am by -K8memphis

SweetCakesByAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesByAZ Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 11:09am
post #1 of 2

OOPS! I accidentally used too much corn syrup while making modeling chocolate. I thought I was using 3 lbs of Guittard candy melts, so I used 1 1/2 cups corn syrup, but in fact used 2 lbs of chocolate (for which I should have only used 1 cup).

Any possible way to salvage it? I made it about 30 minutes ago and I'm letting it rest overnight, but I know it will be way too soft to use tomorrow.

Any ideas about how I could salvage it?

Thanks so much!

Alexandra

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 11:22am
post #2 of 2

just the obvious idea of adding more chocolate -- i would suggest to  do it in small portions -- carefully do your math to get the correct measurements -- maybe take one fourth of your current mixture and flatten it out so it can easily melt then add enough melted choçolate the same temperature -- i would avoid stirring itmuch until it is all ready to combine -- i've never done it might be tricky --

please update on what you decide and how it goes -- best to you

PS you might need to make a mixture that has the chocolate and a small amount of corn syrup in it so the two mixtures combine well kwim-- chocolate is so ticky -- the temperature is most important -- good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%