Help - Crouching Lawn Bowls Lady

Decorating By NAvery Updated 13 May 2016 , 11:21pm by Jinkies

NAvery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NAvery Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 8:30am
post #1 of 7

Hi All .... I am hoping someone can help me ... I have been asked to make a cake for the 50th anniversary of a local lawn bowls club by my beautiful neighbour! I would love to include a lawn bowls lady similar to the one attached. This is a clay version, but I really want to make the cake 100% edible and for the figurine to look like my neighbour, also 56a72ea02137e.jpegthe clay version is facing the wrong direction. I am having trouble getting the dimensions right and to get her to stand on the half bended legs. Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance. 

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 7

The figure can be made with fondant &/or gumpaste.  If you have any idea how to do the figure in clay you will have no problem making it w/gp/fondant.  Hope that helps.

NAvery Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 7

Sorry ... I may not have made my question very clear ... The picture is of a clay topper available to purchase from my supplier - I didn't make it. I am trying to make one similar from gumpaste. I've only ever made strait standing or seated figurines and struggling with the crouching legs. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 1:57am
post #4 of 7

If you look at it, you really can't see the crouching part, only the feet.  The rest is just an illusion made by the shape of the dress, know what I mean?

In other words, you don't have to actually sculpt the whole leg, only the ankles and feet.  The rest is the shape of the dress.

Hope that helps :)

NAvery Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 7:29am
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much Jinkies ...I hadn't thought of that ... Hadn't gotten past making the legs and dressing than as I normally would! Will give it a go!

NAvery Posted 13 May 2016 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks to everyone for your assistance and advice.

Here is a pic of the end product! 

[postimage id="3854" thumb="900"]

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 13 May 2016 , 11:21pm
post #7 of 7

Wow!  You did an amazing job!  You certainly had nothing to worry about, haha!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%