Bride's Wedding Cake

Baking By Cakemoms24 Updated 26 Jan 2016 , 8:27am by julia1812

Cakemoms24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemoms24 Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 12:41am
post #1 of 6

I have a Bride who wants me to "come up with a different cake and frosting" to test out... Does anyone know if salted-caramel filling or dulce de leche filling go well with chocolate cake? i will assume but i was asked to come up with another cake/filling option for her so trying to see what pairs well and wont be crazy runny at all. I am wondering as well if it is better or tastier to combine filling into the frosting then put it in between layers or just fill it strictly with filling after creating a wall of frosting around the edge of cake?? lots of questions sorry

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 1:11am
post #2 of 6

Choco w/raspberry filling

Cherry w/chocolate fill

Butter Pecan w/bavarian fill

Choco w/bavarian creme and sliced bananas

All of the cakes would be made using my*original* WASC recipe.

Cakemoms24 Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 1:43am
post #3 of 6

okay thank you!!

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 1:55am
post #4 of 6

A bakery I used to work at made the best salted caramel cupcakes. Chocolate cake with a caramel filling (out of a bag unfortunately but was still really good) and chocolate buttercream with a caramel drizzle and a bit of sea salt sprinkled on top. So yes, chocolate and caramel are really tasty together. Another good combo is chocolate with a peanut butter mousse filling.

Cakemoms24 Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6

awesome thanks!!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 8:27am
post #6 of 6

Both fillings go well with chocolate and they won't be too runny to use alone (with a damm). Personally I prefer to mix them with smbc but that's up to your bride's preference. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%