Calling All Decorators!!!

Decorating By Cakemoms24 Updated 28 Jan 2016 , 9:24pm by Cakemoms24

Cakemoms24 Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 12:37am
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding cake to make for beginning of summer, the bride is requesting a white fondant tiered cake with gold edible sequins on the bottoms of each cake, i have seen semi-nice tutorials how to achieve the affect but i need a better outcome, i mean its a wedding haha so any help or suggestions at all!!???

4 replies
sweetnams Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 3:29am
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure if you've seen this tutorial already, if you haven't this should help achieve the effect you are looking for. 

http://thecakeblog.com/2014/06/diy-gold-sequin-cake.html

nadiacorallo Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 5

I have done a cake with the same tutorial sweetnams suggests. It works! It is just very time consuming. And in the case of my silver lustre dust, it takes more than one coat. But i did an entire 8" tier with sequins, but it took about 1 and a half small containers of lustre dust. Just beware because gold is expensive. I've attached a pic so you can see the result! 56aa5dc9cdf6e.jpeg

nadiacorallo Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 5

I have done a cake with the same tutorial sweetnams suggests. It works! It is just very time consuming. And in the case of my silver lustre dust, it takes more than one coat. But i did an entire 8" tier with sequins, but it took about 1 and a half small containers of lustre dust. Just beware because gold is expensive. I've attached a pic so you can see the result! 56aa5e10cbc68.jpeg

Cakemoms24 Posted 28 Jan 2016 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 5

that looks beautiful!!! unfortunately the bride just let me know she found someone else to do her cake cheaper than I charged...  the joys of making cakes)  so won't need it for this time but definitely will be great to have it handy when I do:) Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%