Cake Board Sticks To Filling

Baking By Nana52 Updated 24 Jan 2016 , 5:43pm by Nana52

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 24 Jan 2016 , 10:28am
post #1 of 3

I recently made a 6-layer cake and placed a cake board with supports between layers 2&3, and another cake board and supports between layers 4&5.  I was happy with the look, however, when I disassembled the cake, the filling (made of chocolate ganache) stuck horribly to the cake boards.  How can one decrease the extent of "stuck to the board" filling.  Thanks.

Nana

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Jan 2016 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 3

Was each section of 2 layers 4" tall? If they were, I'd have done each section like a separate cake with the icing on the outside, not the filling. You could also put a piece of waxed paper that's not as big as the tier on top of the cake before putting the board on, but no matter what you do it's going to stick a little.

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 24 Jan 2016 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks costumeczar for the reply  Yes, each 2 layers  = 4-inches  the filling was chocolate-orange ganache and then the entire cake was iced with orange SMBC  It was delicious, but other than the top layer did not look so great after cutting  The guests really enjoyed it, though  I'll try wax paper in between next time  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%