Edible Image Printer - No Colours Printing At All

Decorating By tanyah97 Updated 6 Feb 2016 , 11:03am by MyPartyHelpers

tanyah97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyah97 Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 4:43am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I have a Canon MG5660 which I use for my edible images.  Has been working fine up until now but today when I went to use it, I did a test print and everything came out a bit purple, did a clean, then yellow, then *no colour at all*, did a couple of deep cleans plus removed the print head to soak, still getting nothing except PGBK.

I'm at a loss as to what else to try.  Even resource on the net seems to suggest cleaning the print head as a last resort.  What do I do now that that didn't work? 

Slowly going out of my mind!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 4

idk and i'm sorry you're going through this -- the only thing i know is check with Icing Images at least check their website and you can do a search on here for already posted wisdom -- sometimes you just have to replace the printer --

but i totally feel your pain to the extent that a couple years ago i purchased a printer and the edible ink and paper and i thought about it long and hard and i never even opened the box and sold it on eBay -- i just don't have the patience to deal with the certain issues -- but i do know that if i depended on it for my business i would absolutely have a new one waiting in the wings at all times for back up--

best to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 4

in fact icing images has responses in two posts on the first  page of forum posts as it is so check it out

MyPartyHelpers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyPartyHelpers Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 11:03am
post #4 of 4

I'm sorry I didn't see your post a couple weeks ago. We have two Canon printers and an Epson that we use for printing edible toppers. We've suffered that same problems many times with our Canons (once even "out of the box"). Sometimes it's only one color and sometimes it's multiple colors. Flush the print heads and if that doesn't resolve your problem then it's time to replace the ink cartridges with new ones. You can find new empty sets on Amazon for about $5-10. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%