Can A Doll Cake Be Frozen After Fully Decorated?

Baking By aaabeginner Updated 22 Jan 2016 , 2:32pm by ypierce82

aaabeginner Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 7:26am
post #1 of 3

I have a lot of cakes due around the same time. One being a Belle princess doll cake where the Belle doll is inside the cake. .the cake is her know what I mean. I've never done one before. I'd like to decorate her completely and freeze for about a week until the party. Has anyone ever done this with success? Thanks in advance!  blush.png

2 replies
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 3

not a doll cake per se but i actually froze my own entire wedding cake not just the top tier -- but i generally  avoid doing that-- the key is to very gradually thaw it -- no extreme temperature changes -- you should be fine -- wrap well -- make sure there's no random smells in your freezer -- you'll be fine

ypierce82 Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 3

Mine wasn't a doll cake, either, but a 2 tier. I made it last week, covered in fondant, and then was told the party was tomorrow! Unfortunately I could not box the cake and wrap as there is no room in my freezer, but I wrapped in layers of Saran wrap, then a couple layers of foil. Yesterday I moved from freezer to fridge, at 9pm I moved it from fridge to counter. I just took the wrapping off and it is perfect. You'll be fine, but as was already suggested, a gradual thaw is key! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%