Contract & Invoice

Business By LISCupcakery Updated 23 Jan 2016 , 10:30pm by Declansmama

LISCupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LISCupcakery Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!

Just had a quick question. Should I have a contract for people to sign or would including all the information on the invoice be enough and just have them sign that? I use Square and that's how 95% of my transactions take place. I wrote up a contract on a baby shower cake and a sweet 16 cake and it was such a hassle. Just wondering how everyone else deals with this. Thinking maybe I could have them sign just the invoice. How would you do it if you only deal with the customer over the computer till the day you deliver the cake? Thank you so much!!

5 replies
Declansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Declansmama Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 6

Cake boss has one online for free. You just insert your name :) Invoices are easy with pay pal too. Works like square but they can pay through email. Great for the out of state brides :) 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jan 2016 , 3:32am
post #3 of 6

I'm of the mind that you should have a contract for everything. They spell out your payment terms, the cake design and flavors, what happens if you have to cancel or if they cancel, due dates for balance payments due if they pay in installments, etc etc. Not having a contract with everything on it just leaves you open to problems.

*Last edited by costumeczar on 21 Jan 2016 , 3:32am
shaloop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaloop Posted 21 Jan 2016 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 6

I have a written contract for brides that i do consults with. But when the entire transaction takes place online i have a form in google docs and i fill in all the information as for a written contract. I email it to them and have them ok it. Then i send a paypal invoice.

Declansmama Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 6

Hi! I have a save the date contract I used. This saves the date with a nonrefundable $100.00 deposit. This is because most brides are undecided on a cake a year before their wedding. When they decide I fill out a full contract with cake details. If a bride cancels I keep the $100 deposit because I probably passed up another bride for that date. This also keeps the bridal couple from deciding to go with someone else at the last min and back out. I have one bride who has put her wedding off by a year. I did make an agreement to hold he deposit til the next year as long as I have the open availability. All flavors and cake choices must be made no later than 1 month prior to wedding date. Usually they have RSVPs in by then and have a better idea on cake size.  All finial payments must be in 3 weeks before wedding...it is in my contract. If payments are made I keep record and ask them to keep copies also. I copy all checks and notes (date them) and keep in their files just in case.  Hope this helps some. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%