Help Me Name My Business!

Business By Nbpss Updated 20 Jan 2016 , 8:04pm by mmc9360

Nbpss Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 8

I am starting a business that provides large quantities of cupcakes/cakepops for events etc. I am struggling to name it, I want the name to incorporate the fact we sell large quantities, any ideas?

7 replies
icravecupcakes Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 8

Hi!

I spent most of my career in marketing, helping companies brand their businesses, so I hope this is helpful.  I don't  think the volume of your business matters when naming it.  That isn't a real selling point, you know?   People buy from bakers because they love the taste of the food and the way it makes them feel to eat it  (you might feel glamorous and fun eating a Godiva milkshake, for instance, or like a healthy mom if you're taking your kids for papaya smoothies.)    

The fact that you want to sell a lot for events is a great point for your business plan, but that doesn't have to be conveyed in the name.   You can tell your customers who they are on your website ("If you're looking for enough cake pops to feed a stadium of people, you've found the right place!") but you don't have to name your business Massive Quantities, Inc.

Instead, focus on the thing that people love about your cupcakes or how they feel about themselves when they eat them, and leave the business problems (like how many you serve) out of the name.   Think about sweet images - not just literally but figuratively too.  Magnolia Cupcakes is awesome because everyone knows what a magnolia looks like, how pretty and pure it looks, how lovely.  Those connotations are what you're going for.    It would be just as easy to order 1200 cupcakes from Magnolia Cupcakes as Extra Large Cupcake Order Company, Inc. but I know which one would get my business.

That's my opinion anyway.  Good luck to you! 

craftybanana2 Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 2:59am
post #3 of 8

Are you going to do large orders only or do both small and large? If you are focusing on catering, something like Sweet Cupcakes Catering or The Cupcake Caterers. Something geared toward your target market. Don't box yourself in with the name if you do other things besides cupcakes or you do smaller orders though.

julia1812 Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 11:21am
post #4 of 8

What @Nbpss  said ^^^

But if you really do bulk only make DELICIOUS DOZENS or DELIGHT IN DOZENS or CAN'T GET ENOUGH  or THE MORE THE MERRIER or ONE MORE FOR THE WAY or COUNTLESS CUPCAKES or THE CAKE POP BOX or...

julia1812 Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 8

Oh....just thought of another one :

THE CAKE FACTORY

remnant3333 Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 8

Can't Stop Dreaming Of Cupcakes

The Magic Of Cupcakes

jellybeanlane Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 7:40pm
post #7 of 8

I think you should do something catchy and easy to remember like CupCakes~R~Us that way they encorpourate the name with positive thought and excitment ... Like toys r us most ppl think of them as the go too place for the exceptional and top grade toys etc if no one else has it they do! Hope this helps...

mmc9360 Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 8

Cupcake Corner

Pop-Cup Cakes (like a pop up store, cake pops/cupcakes)

Sweetopia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%