My Hobart Steal

Lounge By mymamacakes Updated 19 Jan 2016 , 3:25pm by OHaresTstyTrts

mymamacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mymamacakes Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 7

569e394e2a28c.jpeg

Found my 20qt Hobart in my own town on Craigslist for only $800!  Had a local Hobart tech clean the inside/replace all parts for only $200.  And then my dad painted it!  It makes my KitchenAid look like a toy!

6 replies
mymamacakes Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 7

Before and After. 

569e39858e625.jpeg

mymamacakes Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 7

Why can't I see my photos?  

I cannot choose the picture icon to upload a file, b/c it grays out and I can't push any buttons.  So I dragged my photos in....but now I can't see them!  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 7

i can see your photos -- and I LOVE your new mixer! So nice -- the bowl looks plastic or something non metallic? and it is up a lot higher than your other mixers -- get you a step to stand on that you can slide under the table when not in use or shorten your table legs if possible -- ergonomics is your friend --

as an aside we just gotta Papa Murphy's pizza place here and i like to go in just to look at their beautiful bright red 30 qt Hobart -- hahahaha

love the paint job your dad did -- way cool

mymamacakes Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 7

Hi--thanks so much!  I'm very happy!

It's on my kitchen counter, which is extremely long, so it can luckily stay there.  But I need a step-stool to see inside!

I have the stainless steel bowl, but I bought this one for a rest. supply site for like $30 and it is MUCH lighter!!  The bowl in the pic is completely lifted to meet the paddle bottom.

A few people on here said they found their Hobarts on Craigslist and I'm so happy I read that because I would have never thought to look otherwise!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 7

wow i'm glad you mentioned about the light weight bowl -- i've never seen those before -- oh so cool for egg whites! even though I rarely ever use my big mixers i surely need a new bowl for making meringue hahaha --

but man you got a great deal -- so happy for you

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 19 Jan 2016 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

That is so awesome! Love the paint job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%