Ombre Effect Turquoise Purple

Decorating By WalkersNC Updated 14 Jan 2016 , 10:08pm by WalkersNC

WalkersNC Posted 14 Jan 2016 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a birthday cake and would like to make an ombre effect on my fondant to be in the range of turquoise, purple and white.  I'm thinking that navy would have to be in there, too?  After studying color charts, I'm more confused than ever.  I'm trying to get a water effect for "under the sea" theme.  Any suggestions would be so helpful!

4 replies
costumeczar Posted 14 Jan 2016 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 5

Do you need to know how to do it, or what the color progression would be?

Jinkies Posted 14 Jan 2016 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 5

Krazy Kool Cakes has a great under the sea tutorial on youtube.  It sounds like the perfect thing for you.  I think she used some blues, greens and whites, I don't remember, but it was super easy and came out really nice.  It's on my list of things to try.  Her channel on youtube is laurapoopie.  

WalkersNC Posted 14 Jan 2016 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 5

Both, I guess.  But I was mostly stumped with the colors.  Krazy Kool Cakes paints on white fondant for this theme, which is lovely, but I was hoping to roll out fondant with the colors.

Thank you both for responding.

WalkersNC Posted 14 Jan 2016 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 5

I've decided to skip the purple, since I couldn't figure out how to get a nice shade that would complement the blues.  So now if I can do a variegated blue/white ombre effect for the fondant that would be great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%