Misspelling A Name

Business By Tarah197 Updated 14 Jan 2016 , 7:49am by Pastrybaglady

Tarah197 Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 8

We recently had an order for a half sheet Bar Mitzvah cake which included a logo. The logo was made correctly but a banner was also added which had the name of the celebrant misspelled. Does this wareant a full refund of the cost of the cake?

7 replies
ypierce82 Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 8

No!

Gingerlocks Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 8

It does warrant at least a partial refund though. I can't tell you specifically what you should refund, but 15% to 25% I would say. That's a big oversight.

costumeczar Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 1:44am
post #4 of 8

Honestly, I'd refund it in full because that's the cost of making a mistake like that in business. Sure, they probably ate the cake, but that's a big mistake.

Jinkies Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 2:23am
post #5 of 8

I have to agree with costumeczar.  That's a huge mistake.  I had a surprise 30th bday party for hubby many years ago.  My best friends brother made the cake and he spelled his name wrong.  I never complained and we kinda laughed it off but, to this day, when I see photos of that cake, it irks me.  I just kinda felt  like he didn't care enough to even double check the spelling of his name. 

If it were me, I'd offer a huge apology and a refund.  It's not the end of the world, but it is a bummer for the recipient.  

Hope it works out for you.

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 3:11am
post #6 of 8

no, not a full refund

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 8

The one and only time something similar happened to me I put the wrong name on (put father's name instead of sons) I had enough time to fix it before delivering.  

Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Jan 2016 , 7:49am
post #8 of 8

I did this recently spelling Jenelle, Janelle.  The father came to pick up the cake, I showed it to him, but he didn't say anything. The mother told me later about my mistake and admitted her husband didn't notice.  She didn't seem disturbed by it because some quick thinking genius just flipped the a upside down!  It is a big mistake, but I guess it depends on the client and how disturbed by it they were by it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%