I Need Help On A 2 Color Fondant Cake

Decorating By silvereye Updated 13 Jan 2016 , 5:11pm by jellybeanlane

silvereye Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 4

Hey, I have a bit of a struggle here. I would like to make a fondant cake with blue fondant on the left side and grey on the right, but I don't really know how to join them together. I need a smooth straight line in the middle, but if i put on 1 side and then the other it would be impossible to smooth out the fondant nicely, if i roll them together before putting it on I don't think it will be a straight line and I don't know if edible glue would hold the 2 sides together until i put it on and smooth it. Anyone has any suggestions or ideas for this? Thank you in advance ;)

3 replies
jellybeanlane Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 3:25am
post #2 of 4

I had to do this with triangles it's time consuming but .... You do your measurments on both colors for the full size cake lay the on top of the other and cut at once....this way the make on the bottom say blue will line up with top grey...take the fondant and line them up making sure not to pull much then once lined correctly take a wooden spoon handle and gently room over the fondant gray towards blue only forward this will help make the edges come together and not seem so edgy looking if needed apply sugar glue along the edges before hand...trim excess and you should have your desired look... Hope this helps. :)

silvereye Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 9:03am
post #3 of 4

Thank you it does! :)

jellybeanlane Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 4

Good I'd love to see a pic when your done have a blessed day. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%