Can I Make A Pineapple Upside Down Cake Right Side Up?

Baking By PoodlesNoodles Updated 13 Jan 2016 , 1:57am by remnant3333

PoodlesNoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodlesNoodles Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 4

Can I make a pineapple upside down cake (from scratch) right side up? Is it possible to first add the cake batter, THEN top it with the brown sugar/butter and pineapple topping? That way, I wouldn't have to flip it over. I'm a pretty bad flipper, lol. Cake usually goes flying everywhere. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

*Last edited by PoodlesNoodles on 12 Jan 2016 , 4:38pm
3 replies
BritAbroad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritAbroad Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 4

If you make the cake in a shallow pie dish instead of a cake pan it's easily flipped because when you set a plate against the dish there is no room for the cake to move as it 'falls' onto the plate.

If you make it the "wrong" way up the pineapple and sugar/butter will scorch because of the high sugar content and I suspect the batter will not bake properly due to the contamination down from the topping.

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 4

Cool for about 5 minutes and then put your plate/board on top of the pan.  Then while holding the pan and the plate/board  together, flip it over. Now the plate/board is on the bottom and the pan is still on the cake.Now slowly remove the pan. Voila!  Your cake will stay because the pan protected it from flying anywhere as you turned it onto the plate/board.   I use my Standard Cake pans all the time with this method without an issue.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 1:57am
post #4 of 4

I do it the same way as Singersoul and it works perfectly!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%