Moist Maderia Recipes!?! Help!

Baking By kirascakes21

kirascakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirascakes21 Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 1

Hello! I used a recipe off YouTube for a maderia sponge and it come out dry! I even used sugar syrup when the cake was still warm.. this cake mixture was for my brothers wedding cake..

The recipe suggest to weigh the eggs and then how ever much they weigh you weigh the ingredients thesame except the plain flour. It says to half the plain flour..

So I done exactly that.  Baked it on a low heat and it didn't sink, just domed slightly. Once the sponge was cooked i let it cool slightly added the syrup and once it was completely cooled I wrapped it up...

It staked pretty well but I did notice the edges were really dry and started cracking away from the sponge itself.  I put jam and buttercream on. Stacked it, crumb coated it and chilled it for a while then added more buttercream then smoothed it off...

Today at the venue when everyone was handed a slice it was dry!!! So disappointed as I tried my hardest to keep it moist. I've researched and I can't find any moist recipes that are firm enough to stack wedding cakes etc. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. What works best for you?! 

Thankyou ! 

Kira's Cakes. 

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%