Is It Me, Or....?

Lounge By maggiev777 Updated 12 Jan 2016 , 7:31pm by Natka81

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 8

I haven't been on CC in years, but back a few years ago the forums seemed much more active and extensive (and easier to browse). What happened? Where did all the old stuff go?

7 replies
sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 8

I agree!  I haven't been on here in YEARS and I also notice the changes.  If I do a search on a subject, it seems like only old posts come up.  Nothing seems recent.  I thought it was just me ...  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 8

we and when i say we i mean jackie :) redid the whole shebang last march i think it was and it's all different - it might have been better before but this is where we are now -- it gets a little wonky but it's still cc and i still love it  but it is all different -- welcome back

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 12:08am
post #4 of 8

No man can ever step in the same river twice, everything flows, everything changes, that's life..........

or so the wise people say.  Certainly if you have questions there are always people like @-K8memphis  who would share their knowledge wisdom and thoughts with you.  If you post your photos there will be people who will admire your accomplishments.  Good Luck.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 3:35am
post #5 of 8

Much less active.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 11:29am
post #6 of 8

Yes I don't care for the new look either......why mess with something that is perfect? I miss the warmth of the old site.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 8

the site was previously hosted by a company that i would guess cost x amount --  now it's all handled 'in house' -- this is pure conjecture on my part  -- nobody called it down sizing but it has taken quite a while to restore a lot of basic features we all expected and enjoyed and I appreciate/applaud all the hard work --

Jackie has been putting Humpty back together bit by bit -- the improvements since the conversion are amazing --

so yes it's a different board now -- the owners chose to change things for whatever reasons and i guess there's no going back -- so let's keep moving forward and welcome back to all

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 8

What's done  is done. I still prefer this site over other cake forums.

I discovered today that my sugar had salt mixed into it, and had to trow away 1/4 of the bin.

My daughters have been trying new recipes this past 2 weeks. No wonder their pancakes where so salty, we couldn't under stand why.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%