Torn Paper

Decorating By pj22 Updated 11 Jan 2016 , 4:56pm by -K8memphis

pj22 Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 7

Any advice please on how to achieve this torn paper look on cake? Can we possibly use rice paper? How is the best way to adhere it to the cake? Thank you!!

6 replies
Apti Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 7

That is unique and gorgeous; never seen anything like it.  Super-thin pieces of fondant torn with fingers may be the answer.  To adhere the torn super-thin pieces of fondant you'd need to just dampen the center of the torn piece with gumpaste glue or vodka or water in the center of the torn piece and stick it on.  You'd need to leave the edges free.

-K8memphis Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 7

unpressed camo

littlemo12 Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 12:10am
post #4 of 7

I literally just saw a cake with this effect ... On a advertisement by Wilton at Michaels. Said the effect was done using icing sheets. Thought it was so neat I even took a pic, but can't figure out how to insert pic into this post. 

Apti Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 1:04am
post #5 of 7

K8memphis, what is "unpressed camo"?

Yeah...icing sheets would work.

pj22 Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the responses :) Yeah, I was thinking wafer paper.. fondant might be too labor intensive? How would you rip the paper and attach it to the cake?

Can I simply crumbcoat and attach the paper on the buttercream, or will I need to cover the cake in fondant? 

What is unpressed camo? Thanks!!

-K8memphis Posted 11 Jan 2016 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 7

no it just looks like if you pressed it down flat it would be camo so i thought it looked like unpressed camo(flage)

Quote by @%username% on %date%